waiN

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Wed Sep 4 15:17:12 UTC 2002

'wear' and 'carry' are certainly related in lots of
languages.  My only problem is with the putative Siouan
derivation.  There are lots of KI's in MVS, but I'm not
crazy about the semantics of *k- here without parallel
cases.  If we're saying it's derivation, then maybe it
will be possible to find other cases without stretching
meanings too much.

Bob