ASB puza

David Costa pankihtamwa at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 9 15:34:10 UTC 2003

I was speaking imprecisely. I didn't mean to say that Ojibwe DID give the
word to Dakotan; I meant that in my experience, when there appears to be
borrowing back and forth between Dakotan and Algonquian (there isn't much),
Ojibwe is the Algonquian language. As for this particular case, I'm
perfectly prepared to believe Dakotan borrowed it from English.

Dave