ASB puza

David Costa pankihtamwa at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 10 19:47:17 UTC 2003

Don't forget /waapipin$ia/, literally 'white cat', a term that Albert
Gatschet got in the late 19th century, which he gives as 'white aquatic
monster, traveling by electricity', and 'a mythic white monster, thought to
be a whale by most Indians'.

There's no evidence that /wiikweepin$ia/ was ever a term for an underwater
panther; it's just the name for the Lynx, AKA lynx canadensis.

Dave