A little more on Iroquoian

Marianne Mithun mithun at linguistics.ucsb.edu
Mon Aug 11 22:45:18 UTC 2003

And a couple more. Wally is right about the raccoon and skunk. The wildcat
words in Mohawk and Oneida are actually a bit different from what Blair lists,
and would suggest a different interpretation from what we find in Seneca:
Mohawk ken:reks (with en representing a nasalized caret, with falling tone,
indicative of an earlier h).

Marianne