Siouan Conference

Catherine Rudin/HU/AC/WSC CaRudin1 at wsc.edu
Mon Aug 18 17:01:04 UTC 2003

Hey, all --  I'm finally back home in Nebraska from the Michigan meeting
(just in time to  catch the tail end of the Omaha tribal powwow in Macy, on
a scorching hot day) and before I get sidetracked by too many other things
I want to check in with everybody about next year's conference.

(1) The conference will be in Wayne, Nebraska, hosted by Wayne State
College.  I talked to my dean and he is enthusiastic about
supporting/hosting us, so it's definitely a go.

(2) DATE --   Let's aim for early summer -- June or possibly even late May.
Say, the weekend of May 29, June 5, 12, 19,  26, or July 3??  Does anyone
know of conflicts or have preferences among these dates?   I know it's way
early, but summer has a tendency to get filled up, so I'd like to set a
date soon ...

(3) Just to get it in writing...  the 2005 meeting is tentatively set for
Oklahoma, with Bob &/or Kathy hosting, no?

Catherine