Siouan Conference

Catherine Rudin/HU/AC/WSC CaRudin1 at wsc.edu
Mon Aug 18 17:15:34 UTC 2003

Ah!  I knew someone would have a better handle on the calendar than me.
Memorial Day eliminates May 29, and Father's day knocks out what?  June 12?
or 19?

Catherine,
             Thanks for getting on top of this so quickly.  May I suggest
that
you avoid both Memorial Day weekend (traffic) and Father's Day (family
stuff)?  Otherwise I have no preference.
             David

David S. Rood
Dept. of Linguistics
Univ. of Colorado
295 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309-0295
USA
rood at colorado.edu

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Catherine Rudin/HU/AC/WSC wrote:

> Hey, all --  I'm finally back home in Nebraska from the Michigan meeting
> (just in time to  catch the tail end of the Omaha tribal powwow in Macy,
on
> a scorching hot day) and before I get sidetracked by too many other
things
> I want to check in with everybody about next year's conference.
>
> (1) The conference will be in Wayne, Nebraska, hosted by Wayne State
> College.  I talked to my dean and he is enthusiastic about
> supporting/hosting us, so it's definitely a go.
>
> (2) DATE --   Let's aim for early summer -- June or possibly even late
May.