Siouan Conference

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Tue Aug 19 16:13:45 UTC 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Justin McBride wrote:
> Perhaps this time we here at the Kanza Language Project will be able
> to make it.  In the meantime, we're very much looking forward to the
> possibility of a 2005 conference in Oklahoma.  There are definitely a
> bunch of Siouan folks down here, including Kaws, Osages, Poncas,
> Quapaws, Ioways, Otoe-Missourias... am I leaving anyone out?  Any one
> of these tribes would probably be glad to donate an auditorium to the
> cause for a week.

I guess we're all leaving out the Caddoan languages, ever since I
thoughtlessly called this the Siouan list instead of the Siouan and
Caddoan list.  Anyway, there are a few Caddoan groups there in OK, too,
though it's hard to find enough Caddoanists to rub together to make a
fire, particularly at conferences.  I'm looking forward to Oklahoma, too.