23rd SACLC Program

John Boyle jpboyle at midway.uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 5 00:54:55 UTC 2003

Hi All,

Here is the tentative program for the Siouan and Caddoan languages
conference for this year in East Lansing, MI.  In addition, for the
Syntax workshop, I thought we could meet in the hotel lobby at 9:30
Thursday the 7th and walk over to C-312 Wells (which is also the
conference venue).  If it is free we can just meet there.  Do this
sound okay? Below is the program, I have allotted 25 minuet time
slots for each paper but since there are only seven papers I'm sure
people can go over time if they need to.  Since there were so few
papers this year I have only scheduled one day worth of talks.  Have
I missed anyone who wanted to present a paper?  If so let me know and
we can certainly add it.

Thanks, and I'll see you in East Lansing.

best wishes and safe travels,

John

The 23rd Annual Siouan-Caddoan Conference
Michigan State University, East Lansing
C-312 Wells
August 2003

Friday, August 8th

9:30 - 10:00	Registration and Sign In

10:00 - 10:25	Noun Modification in Lakota
		Bruce Ingham
		Reader in Arabic Linguistic Studies, SOAS

10:30 - 10:55	Deixis in Crow
		Randolph Graczyk
		St. Charles Mission

11:00 - 11:25	Attrition and Innovation in Hidatsa Clause Structure
		John P. Boyle
		University of Chicago

11:30 - 11:55	Change and Continuity:  Two Versions of an Omaha Text
		Catherine Rudin
		Wayne State

12:00 - 1:30	Lunch

1:30 - 1:55	A New Information Marker in Omaha-Ponca [Dhegiha Siouan]
		John E. Koontz
		University of Colorado, Boulder

2:00 - 2:25	The Eclectic Chair: Osage/Omaha Substitutions in a
'Kansa' Inscription
		Robert Rankin
		University of Kansas

2:30 - 2:55	Same-Turn Self-Repair Initiation in Wichita Conversation
		Armik Mirzayan
		University of Colorado at Boulder

3:00 - 3:25	Business Meeting