ASB puza

David Costa pankihtamwa at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 13 22:48:30 UTC 2003

One thing that I find interesting about all these European 'cat' words being
borrowed into Native languages is that they're ALL from p-initial forms,
like 'puss' or 'poes'. Oddly, NO language that's been mentioned here so far
borrowed plain old English 'cat', unless that's what's behind Ojibwe
/gaazhagens/ 'cat'.