Mailers

Shannon West shanwest at uvic.ca
Mon Dec 15 22:06:53 UTC 2003

Even if you give up Pine, you should be able to download your mail into
something useful like Eudora and avoid the pain of webmail. I use Outlook
(not Express) and haven't had any virus issues - though I'm smart about
attachments, even if there're from someone I know, I won't open them unless
I get a personal message too - and I quite like it.

Hotmail can actually be downloaded into Outlook Express thereby causing you
to have all the security issues and all the downloaded spam and viruses all
in one nice place. Again, if you're smart about it, OE for Hotmail is still
better than webmail.

I really really hate webmail. Can you tell? ;)

Shannon