Information / nouns vs. verbs

Linda Cumberland lcumberl at indiana.edu
Sat Jan 11 19:32:28 UTC 2003

I have two attested forms in Assiniboine taken from conversations:
thi tha 'his/her house' and thipi tha 'his/her/their house'.

I have never seen forms with pi doubled, as in the suggested "thipipi"
as a plural for houses, nor in any other form.  In fact, it has been
my understanding that this could not occur (haplology? syntactic
scope? I'd be glad to hear other people's explanations.)

Linda

uNkitxathipi, and