Information / nouns vs. verbs

Jan Ullrich ullrich.j at soupvm.cz
Mon Jan 13 12:42:03 UTC 2003

Bruce Ingham wrote:

> I think that you would not find mithathipi or
> thathipi in any
> of the older texts though.   huNku thi ekta khi  would be more likely
> for 'he went back toward his mother's lodge'

In Deloria's Dakota Texts I found these examples:

huNku thipi kiN ekta i – she went to her mother's tipi
(Eagle Boy story, para 3)

SuNkaku thipi kiN ekta glihuNni – he returned to his younger bother's tipi
(Heart Killer, para 18)

KhuNshitku thipi kiN ekta uN – he was at his grandmother's tipi
(Double face steals a child, para 3)

I don't have the hard copy on hand to indicate page numbers.

Jan

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.