A little more haplology.

Pamela Munro munro at ucla.edu
Mon Jan 13 15:34:20 UTC 2003

I would only accept "It's lightning out" as haplology from speakers for whom "to lightning" is a verb. It certainly isn't in my speech. Can you guys all say "It lightnings before there is thunder" or "It lightninged twice last night"? Surely if
"lightning" is a verb we should be able to. (I understand that this must be true for Bob!)

Pam