A little more haplology.

Shannon West shanwest at uvic.ca
Mon Jan 13 20:06:22 UTC 2003

Just to throw a little Canadian English into this, "I saw it lightning" is
fine, but "I saw the lightning", is better. Both "It lightnings before there
is thunder" or "It lightninged twice last night" are find for me too. But
again, I prefer it with nouns. It's one of those things where I'd say it,
but never write it. :)

Shannon