Out of Touch

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Thu Jul 3 04:36:50 UTC 2003

The University of Colorado will be making extensive modifications to its
email system over the July 4th weekend, retiring its oldest mail server.
This entails shutting down also the slightly newer server that I use for
University mail, including monitoring the list.  This will last from late
July 3rd through the weekend.  I do not believe this will interrupt use of
the list, though it may.  However, I will be out of touch myself, unable
to respond to service requests, see list postings, etc.  Any mail to me
will eventually go through, when service is restored.  The same applies to
mail to the list if that is affected.

I will probably be shifting to a new mail server myself afterwards, as
they are encouraging this.  I'll let the list know when I start that
process, in case it also affects my ability to carry out functions.
Hopefully any affects will be soon remedied.  I don't really expect any
problems, but I am experiencing a certain amount of trepidation ... since
the requirement to use ssh to access web pages I haven't been able to get
back into my web page ... technically possible, but I haven't quite pulled
it off.  FrontPage and the scp client aren't quite as ready to communicate
to talk as the documentation implies.

John E. Koontz
http://spot.colorado.edu/~koontz