More plural (plural enclitics)

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Wed Jun 18 05:40:32 UTC 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Koontz John E wrote:
> No, but I think the second person plural enclitic is *=pV, where V might
> be u (from memory).

    Ma     Da/Dh   IO       Wi       Tu       Of  Bi
1   --      --     --       wi       12           --
12  riNt    *pi    wi       wi       --           daha/tu
2   riNt    *pi    wi       wi       pu           daha/tu
3   krE     *pi    wi/ne    wi/irE   h(e)lE   tu  daha/tu

This is a quick summary and may be erronious in some points.  It is
probably incomplete (in Of, at least) and I will not attempt to describe
the principles or syntax of combinations where they can occur.  Bi daha is
the object plural, while tu is the subject plural.  I suspect that the
medial (e) in Tutelo is epenthetic, as it is often missing.  I've obvious
simplified the treatment of Da and Dh.  I've omitted Cr and Hi, though I
seem to recall that Hi is something like a?a.

JEK