Colors in Dakota -Duta

Violet Catches napshawin at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 14:38:40 UTC 2003

I  hope you all are getting these messages:

yes, David has a point, one which I always forget to add when speaking of
colors. Luta is also used in a name, long ago it was said that 'luta' can
also mean blue, but that is since lost, I think. That was my grandmother who
said that, later my step-father confirmed that idea and which I got that
'blue' is not used anymore in the names or the color. So a red horse is a
Hinsha, but in a name it should be Txashunke Luta.
Violet Catches, miye