bird.

Pamela Munro munro at ucla.edu
Mon Nov 3 20:08:37 UTC 2003

I haven't been following all this as carefully as I should have, but
we're getting into larger territories to the South here. Chickasaw has
tIshkila 'bluejay' (the cap I is nasalized), with an "expressive" form
tIsh tIsh tIsh aachi (characteristically three CVC syllables plus 'say')
which my teacher tells me means 'to make a noise like a bluebird'.

Pam

--
Pamela Munro
Professor