Dances with Wolves.

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Fri Nov 28 15:36:29 UTC 2003

I see that the PAX network is running this movie
tonight at 8pm eastern, 7 central.  Don't know
about mountain or pacific.

For those of us wasicun's who don't get a chance
to hear much spoken Lakota, I think most of the
"elders" in the movie who have large speaking
parts seem to be pretty fluent.  I'm told that the
bit players were mostly Cree, since it was filmed
in Canada, and they had to learn their Lakota
lines like Kevin Costner.  I don't think anyone
has ever figured out what the "Pawnee" speakers in
the movie were actually speaking.