Dances with Wolves.

Pamela Munro munro at ucla.edu
Fri Nov 28 17:33:33 UTC 2003

My first Lakhota teacher, the late Hannah Lefthand Bull Fixico, worked
on the editing of this movie with Kevin Costner (who she adored -- he
was very polite and nice to her, and she loved wearing her DWW cast
jacket). In fact, I believe only the old chief's wife (Doris Leader
Charge) is in fact a fluent native speaker (so listen to her!) -- as I
understand it she was responsible for coaching the other cast members.

Pam