Dances with Wolves- Location

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Sat Nov 29 15:32:51 UTC 2003

It was on NPR back when the movie was released and
they interviewed some of the Crees (Incl. Graham
Green, I think) involved.  It's not uncommon for a
film to be shot in a variety of different places
that purport to be a single locale though.

Bob

> Hey!  I'm in Pierre, SD and there are signs all
over indicating that
> Dances with WOlves was filmed here.  My man and
the internet confirm
> that the bulk of the filming was done in SD.
His Auntie (a fluent
> speaker, but she didn't have a speaking role)
was in it and even the
> white soldiers were locals.  So, I don't know
about this Cree