S&CC description/announcement

Catherine Rudin/HU/AC/WSC CaRudin1 at wsc.edu
Wed Sep 10 17:50:50 UTC 2003

forgot to paste this in:
-------------

The 24th Annual Siouan And Caddoan Languages Conference will be held in
Wayne, Nebraska, June 11-13 2004.

The Siouan And Caddoan Languages Conference is an annual gathering of
linguists and others interested in the Siouan and Caddoan families of
languages. Theoretically-oriented linguistic papers are welcome, but we
also invite purely descriptive papers and presentations on applied
linguistic topics such as language preservation or teaching.  Members of
Siouan or Caddoan speaking communities/tribes are encouraged to attend,
either as presenters or observers.  We normally meet somewhere in Siouan
and/or Caddoan speaking territory to facilitate participation by a variety
of groups.  SACC is an informal and friendly conference.  In addition to
formal papers, meetings include roundtable discussions, reports on work in
progress, and other less-polished presentations.  Students are especially
encouraged to present, even if their work on a Siouan or Caddoan language
is at an early stage.

For information, to be placed on our mailing list, or to propose a paper or
presentation, contact:

Catherine Rudin
Language and Literature Department
Wayne State College