Need quick Dhegiha answer.

Tom Leonard tleonard at prodigy.net
Fri Apr 9 18:13:33 UTC 2004

Bob,

I once saw "NoNde Giuda Ankontha" (not sure of the 'spelling' here) on a
cake at a NAC meeting at White Eagle (Ponca). It was translated as "we want
you to have a happy heart"....since apparently, as I was told, there's no
real way of saying "happy birthday" or "best wishes" in Ponca.

Hope that helps.

Tom Leonard