Linguistic term needed

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Mon Apr 12 03:44:12 UTC 2004

Got an example?  I'm not sure I have the proper term, but I'm thinking of the
Chinese borrowing the word "America" as mei-guo (which has 2 similar syllables).
And mei-guo, perhaps conscious choice, means roughly 'beautiful kingdom'.  I
suppose it's a kind of "loan-blend", but not the typical kind.

Bob