Pigs

Michael Mccafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Sun Apr 18 16:04:37 UTC 2004

Right. Found and read the article. Nice article.

The Central Algonquian borrowing appears to have come from what Taylor
terms a "simplex" form of "cochon"--"coche," and then he suggests that the
borrowing came directly from a French pig call in the form of "co-coche".
I don't know about that but I've sent out the question to native
informants. (Species not specified)

Michael

"Those are my principles.
If you don't like them,