Quapaw designation (fwd)

Michael Mccafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Wed Feb 4 14:50:15 UTC 2004

Well, explaining Algonquian was not Hockett's forte. That said, Algonquian
is not an easy road. Joe Campbell, the Nahuatl scholar and dictionary
maker, once told me that Nahuatl looked as if it were designed by
engineers at Mercedes-Benz (or whatever they call it these
days..Mercedes-Viacom??). Algonquian is as if Coyote were the engineer.

Michael