Iskousogos

Anthony Grant Granta at edgehill.ac.uk
Wed Feb 11 10:27:00 UTC 2004

It put me in mind of Algonquian names such as Missisauga.  Could it be
Alg?

Anthony

>>> rankin at ku.edu 10/02/2004 20:44:50 >>>
It's a mystery to me too.  Looks like nothing I've ever seen.  I
assume
if it's French spelling that it represents something like [iskuzogo],
with or without the final consonant.  But that doesn't give me any
bright ideas.

Bob