Iskousogos

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Fri Feb 13 17:46:21 UTC 2004

I think there's some confusion here over what, exactly, we're talking
about.  That, or I'm dyslexic.  My comment was about the river name
8abachkig8, which is found in one or another form on numerous early
French maps of the Ohio Valley, sometimes as the name of the Ohio,
sometimes distinguished from it.  Surely it is "Wabash" -- I certainly
haven't any other explanation for it.  I was thinking that Iskousogos
was supposed to be the most westerly of the names in someones inventory
or map -- thus the possible comparisons with Wabash.

> No connection. Iskousogos was one question. And 8AB8SKIG8 is another
word.

> And, no, 8AB8SKIG8 and Wabash are not related.

Michael