Lakota wa- 'variety object'

CATCHES VIOLET napshawin at msn.com
Sat Jan 3 19:36:59 UTC 2004

Iyopxeya-to trade or exchange goods or to sell something
iyopxeya-to admonish another or to whip with words (exaggeration)
wiyopxeye-to sell something not trade, but to sell to get money vs iyopxeye
to exchange goods.
supposedly, according to our grandparents most words had two or three
meanings and we have to know how to use them, so when they sound the same we
should be able to distinguish as above...
hope that helps
violet, miye