Dorsey microfilms

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Mon Jan 5 15:04:08 UTC 2004

It would probably be best to restrict any really expensive reproduction on
CD/DVD to just the Omaha/Ponca files.  The Kansa, Osage and Quapaw files are not
complete because of financial and time constraints when the work was done, and
the files for these languages should be complete before CD's are made.  This
will cut the cost and bulkiness somewhat, since the non-Omaha materials occupy
at least 3 reels and maybe more.  Personally, I'd love to have the Omaha lexicon
on CD, and we all owe Mark a debt for having produced the microfilms.