Dorsey MicroFilm (fwd)

Craig Kopris ckopris at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 15:44:31 UTC 2004

Yes, conversion services are definitely available -
I've had microfiche converted myself.  Unfortunately,
the company I used a few years back, New England
Archiving or similar, is no longer in business.  A
google search on microfilm conversion will bring up
several other companies.

Services go beyond just putting the image on cd;
companies will offer (for a greater fee) to clean up
the results as well.  I avoided that "help", on the
assumption that the cleaners wouldn't recognize old
Jesuit handwritten diacritics as other than smudges.
Indexing can be added, as well.

>>From what I remember, the cost of an initial cd can be
high, but additional copies are cheap.  Perhaps those
interested in having the Dorsey mss on cd could pool
their resources?

Sizewise, I had a 500+ p ms, plus software for
extracting and viewing the images, all fit on one cd
with room to spare.

Craig Kopris