dorsey film conversion questions and estimate

Tom Leonard tleonard at prodigy.net
Fri Jan 9 19:40:19 UTC 2004

If it's of any help, I ordered my 8 Dorsey reels with "reverse imaging",
that is black letters on a white background. They were, in my opinion, far
easier to read that way. Perhaps the reverse imaging would enhance the
scanning process? Don't know. If so, I have them available.

Last and lowest estimate I received from a document imaging company was
$0.05 per image. Estimating about 25 images per foot x 100 ft x $0.05 x 8
rolls, that comes to about $125 per roll or $1000 total. From earlier e-mail
on this subject, this might be on the high side.......it may be more like
$75 - $100 per roll.

Can we get 10 or 15 of us to spring for $100 each, or so, for CD's of all 8
rolls? The more of us that chip in ...the lower the price. Anyone
interested?

TML