searching CDs in Microfilm to CD conversion.

Carolyn Q. cqcqcq1 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 12 18:24:34 UTC 2004

I think I have a hard copy of all the Osage from this collection.  But the
advantages of having the material on CD seem to be important.  I have two
(perhaps naive) questions:

1. Since the materials will be just scanned and probably no OCR will work,
would we somehow be able to search the materials more easily than paper
copies of same? (At the very least perhaps via cataloguing tracks laid in
the CDs?)

2. Would we be able to distinguish characters better than on paper copies?
(Many of the typed Osage slips from this collection, for example, are too
blurry to read in my paper copy.)

If the answer to either of these question is positive, then it would be
worth it to contribute funds to have the material on CDs and acquire a set
of CDs, even if we already have a paper version of the material, it seems to
me.

Carolyn