WA- once more.

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Fri Jan 16 22:37:36 UTC 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Carolyn Q. wrote:
> I agree with Bob.  Unfortunately, I don't have CDs of my taped recordings,
> so I probably can't use the Google tool.

I don't know praat (a lot of people say that, anyway), but my guess is
that all you have to do would be to play your tape into the input jack of
your sound card (where the microphone plugs in) while running the record
tool to create a file and then apply praat to the file.  Praat presumably
lets you pin down a section of the sound file and run various tools
against it.  Bob's CDs just represent a series of sound files taken in
like this and copied to CD.

JEK