Minnesota funding available.

Patricia Albers alber033 at tc.umn.edu
Tue Jan 27 21:32:59 UTC 2004

The Grotto Foundation has been a strong and much needed advocate of
native language interests in the state of Minnesota over the past
four years.  They have co-sponsored two important language
conferences with the Department of American Indian Studies at
UofM-Twin Cities.  The first focused on efforts to revitalize Dakota
language programming in schools and communities region-wide, and the
second addressed the different Dakota and Ojibwe language initiatives
that Grotto has funded in Minnesota and Wisconsin in recent years.