SACLC24 -- program

Catherine Rudin/HU/AC/WSC CaRudin1 at wsc.edu
Tue Jun 15 19:22:42 UTC 2004

John wrote:

>For years I've referred to it as "the Siouan and Caddoan Conference"
>abbreviated SACC, and I notice that a lot of people now seem to like
>"Siouan and Caddoan Languages Conference," abbreviated SACL or SCLC, but I
>think the only consistent practice over the years has been to use some
>phrase with "Siouan" and "Caddoan" and "Conference" in it.

I've always written "S&CC" but no one else seems to ever do that.  Having
"Languages" in there is good, I think, since it really is a
language/linguistics conference.

>I should point out that John Boyle and Ardis Eschenberg were
>putting together a web page that documents some of the early history of
>the Conference.

The programs of nearly all the S???C meetings are posted on the SSILA
website at
http://wings.buffalo.edu/linguistics/ssila/SACCweb/SACCprograms.htm

The last 2 years (i.e. SACC 23 and 24 --2003 and 2004) haven't been posted
yet and I think some of the earlier ones are incomplete?   I'm pretty sure
this is what you were referring to; Ardis is the SSILA "webmaster" and I
think John B. collected the lists of papers from each meeting.

Catherine