Metalleus Remembered

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Fri Jun 18 05:10:03 UTC 2004

I thought that the humorous articles collected at this link might interest
Siouanists, as the apparent discoveries of Ken Miner, Hochank(an?)ist(*).
They really have absolutely nothing to do with Siouan linguistics, though
they poke not so gentle fun at humanity generally and linguistics
in specific.  I'm not sure this the whole Metalleonic corpus.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/8389/metal0.htm

The style of Metalleus reminds me somewhat of Unspiek, Baron Bodissey,
often cited in the work of Jack Vance, but otherwise unknown.

* It's not any easier with Winnebago.  I've tried.