(O)maha

Michael Mccafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Wed Mar 24 10:35:11 UTC 2004

Just to drive this whole issue into the ground, here is the list of
Marquette's tribe names for the more or less Missouri and Arkansas
watersheds:

Missouri River area: Otontanta, Pana, Maha, Pah8tet, Paniassa, Kansa,
Moing8ena, Pe8area, 8chage, 8emess8rit

Arkansas River area: Atotchasi, Matora, Akoroa, Papikaha, 8mam8eta,
Tanika, Paniassa, Aiaichi, Metchigamea, Akansea

If anyone knows, I'm interested in "Pah8tet". Many of these show up Parks
and DeMaillie's volume of HNAI, so perhaps I should check that first.

Michael