St. Louis?

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Mon Mar 29 19:48:13 UTC 2004

> It's interesting to consider that ppahiN (I think the nasalization is
right here) z^ide might be related to pain cort, but it doesn't look
like it holds up, and I've always assumed that Fletcher & LaFlesche were
correct in asserting that it was a reference to Clark's residence there.

Yes, I actually favor the Clark analysis, and (for Rory), I'm the one
who scribbled that it had to do with Clark's hair color on the list you
circulated at East Lansing last Summer.  I probably didn't I.D. myself
on the paper when I gave it back.  Wish I could help more.