Michigamea (Re: (O)maha)

David Costa pankihtamwa at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 29 20:14:10 UTC 2004

Right, the /-si(i)w-/ negative often seen in Ojibwe & Miami is a fusion of a
diminutive suffix (the part with the 's') with an old dubitative suffix (the
part with the 'w'). My point was just that the leap from an old Algonquian
suffix to a prefix in an apparently Siouan language seems unlikely.

Dave