comparative dictionaries

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Wed May 19 17:54:41 UTC 2004

> There must be many hurdles to such a project: two that come immediately
> to mind are money, and the natural (and laudable) academic inclination
> not to publish until one's research is "complete."

Money would be nice, but the chief problem is that two of the three senior
editors have essentially left the field entirely.  The vast majority of lexical
and morphological reconstructions had been done already, but the file is not in
physical shape for me to edit.  I think it is waiting for volunteers at Colorado
to massage it into a Word for Windows file that can be easily edited.  I should
have time later in the Summer to do clean-up but only if the file is ready for
it.