Dorsey Demonstrative Footnote

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Wed May 26 23:57:42 UTC 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Koontz John E wrote:
> I will try to track down the last round.

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0104&L=siouan&D=0&P=1331
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0104&L=siouan&D=0&P=1435
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0104&L=siouan&D=0&P=1526
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0104&L=siouan&D=0&P=1706
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0104&L=siouan&P=R747
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0104&L=siouan&P=R835
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0104&L=siouan&P=R1487

It looks like we were mostly concerned with frequencies of different
demonstratives this go round, with some useful stuff on Lakota in this
respect from Connie.

For this I went to the LinguistList search tool for the Siouan List:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?S1=siouan

Searching on combinations of yonder, Demonstrative, Dorsey, and footnote
proved useful.

This tool is extremely useful, by the way.

Incidentally, even if you don't subscribe to the LinguistList, you might
want to consider going to http://www.linguistlist.org and donating.  They
are in their annual funds drive.  I for one am thankful for their terrific
archiving service.  (I don't think their online donation tool is secured
with SSL (https), so I always send my donation by regular mail.)