Ioway-Otoe-Missouria Dictionary (Re: Order of verb affixes)

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Wed Nov 10 17:34:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Rory M Larson wrote:
> I'm just looking at a borrowed copy of Jimm Good Tracks' 1992
> dictionary of Iowa-Otoe-Missouria in comparison with OP.

I believe these may still be available through the U of Colorado Dept. of
Linguistics.  It might take a while to get one, as the retail staff
consists of David Rood or whoever he can get to volunteer instead.  These
are definitely worthwhile getting.  There is absolutely nothing comparable
out there if you work with IO or neighboring and related languages, or are
interested in comparative Siouan.  I've forgotten the price, and my
information on that may be out of date anyway.  It was based on the cost
of getting the master xeroxed and bound.  This is a two-inch thick labor
of love compilation of existing slip files by Dorsey and Marsh and others
integrated and extensively supplemented from Jimm Good Tracks extensive
personal investigations.