Siouan stops

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Tue Nov 16 15:50:08 UTC 2004

I have an article on this.  See:

On Siouan Aspiration.  In David S. Rood and Jule Gómez de García, eds.,
Proceedings of the 1993 Mid-America Linguistics Conference and Siouan/Caddoan
Languages Conference, Boulder:  University of Colorado Department of
Linguistics, (1996).

Yes, Siouan languages either have or had an aspirated series of stops in
addition to plain ones.  See the list archives for my comment on the Biloxi
dotted stops a couple of weeks ago.

Bob