No subject

David Kaufman dvklinguist2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 2 21:18:12 UTC 2004

This is technically not a Siouan question, but since I have been a member of this list for a couple of years, and since the only Amerindian language I've really gotten into studying thus far is Cherokee, I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of a list similar to this for Cherokee or Iroquoian languages in general, or if any of you have studied or know someone studying the Cherokee (Tsalagi) language.

I have tried to get involved in Siouan linguistics, but without much success.  But I have continued self-study of Cherokee and Hawaiian, so if anyone knows of similar lists or resources on these languages, which would be much more helpful to me, I'd welcome your response and information.

Thanks,
Dave Kaufman
dvklinguist2003 at yahoo.com

BARudes at aol.com wrote:
You did not get bumped nor did you ask the wrong question. I know that I received your inquiry from the SiouanList. I think it is simply that no one has an answer to you question about the word nu ka shay. I do not recognize it as a Cherokee or a Tutelo-Saponi term, but of course, the information available on Tutelo-Saponi is extremely limited.

Blair A. Rudes