Rory's Mysterious Omaha-Ponca Fragment

Mark-Awakuni Swetland mawakuni-swetland2 at unl.edu
Tue Sep 14 20:50:45 UTC 2004

I will encourage wagaxthoN Rory to enhance his statement in various ways...
"here are my 2 two cents", "I'm giving you my two cents", "take my two
cents", etc.

Around here we are trying to reverse the situation that native Omaha
speakers tend to use the English terms for such things. We are in the fourth
week of Omaha I, using the immersion approach. The first day I lasted 6
minutes. We are now averaging 40 minutes daily. The differences in
performance and competence are noticeable.

wagoNze Uthixide