Padouca

David Costa pankihtamwa at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 28 14:29:07 UTC 2005

For what it's worth, this name seems not to be attested in Miami, Sauk,
Shawnee, or Meskwaki before the late 1800's. But that doesn't mean much.
However, the attestation of this word from Miami probably came from an
Indiana speaker, not an Oklahoma speaker.

This name *is* listed in the synonymy for the Comanche in HNAI 13.

Dave