Padouca

David Costa pankihtamwa at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 28 16:57:07 UTC 2005

It's really not easy to tell, but there are indications in the historical
records that the Illinois and Miami did go on buffalo hunts into the Great
Plains west of the Mississippi. And the Miami-Illinois speaking peoples had
names for many other tribes that they never lived anywhere near, like the
Yuchi, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Stockbridge, Tuscarora, and Pawnee. My opinion is
that Midwestern/Great Lakes tribes were tremendously mobile prior to the
1700's, much more than we now realize.

Dave