case diagram

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Mon Apr 18 14:53:23 UTC 2005

That's really interesting.  I've been part of an
off-list discussion of this sort of diagramatic
representation of case and my retired colleague, Keith
Percival, who originally brought the diagram to my
attention, believes it may only date from the last
couple of centuries.  The Arabic brings a whole new
dimension to the question.  Any idea how long this
usage has been in Arabic?        Bob