inclusive/exclusive

Carolyn Quintero cqcqcq1 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 13 21:41:46 UTC 2005

As for 'dual', I unlike you find it easy to think of two first persons.  No
problem for me there.

In Lakota if unyanpi 'we (exclusive) go' is exclusive, it must be excluding
'you'.  It must mean 'we three, I, Susie and  John go'.  Is this not right?
If it means 'I, you and others' then it should be 'inclusive', that is
inclusive of the hearer.

Dual unye 'we inclusive go' seems strange, unless it means only 'you and I
go'

I've no idea what's going on here if its not this way.
C.